Terms and Conditions
Getech Ltd trading as StudentStore.co.uk
Many thanks for making the decision to purchase you computer through StudentStore.co.uk. Getech have developed StudentStore.co.uk and are working with a number of Universities to offer you a high value notebook package, which has been planned with a view to meeting the basic needs of most students at your University.
It is designed to fit in well with the facilities and requirements of your University, while offering you convenience and performance.
The notebooks and other products not only offer great quality and reliability but as a University student you are also able to benefit from special educational pricing.
At Getech, we aim to secure an open and long-term relationship with each of our customers. In order to achieve this, it is important that we both know exactly where we stand with regard to the legal relationship between you and us
- that is what the "Terms of Business" achieve, underpinning our relationship.
Getech is a limited company registered in England with company number
2436537 and whose registered office is at Solutions Centre,
Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, IP1 4JQ. We were incorporated in 1989.
We are one of the UK's largest IT resellers with an annual turnover of approximately
£30 million. We are also an independent reseller, which means that we are able to supply the best products from the best manufacturers.
means any Contract between You and Us for the sale and purchase of Goods;
means any hardware, software ordered by you from us;
means a University, College or School within the UK;
"Non Standard Goods"
means any Goods ordered by you, which require alteration by us prior to despatch to meet your required specification;
"Standard Delivery Hours"
means 8am to 6pm on Working Days;
means your order for the supply of Goods which are subject to these terms and conditions;
means our written confirmation of the Order, whether communicated by browser, email, fax or post, detailing the Goods, together with the Price and whether or not the Goods will be Non Standard Goods. For the avoidance of doubt this does not constitute an order acceptance;
means the price of the Goods as set out on our website from time to time plus the cost of delivery and any applicable surcharge, as confirmed in the Order Confirmation;
means Getech trading as StudentStore.co.uk;
means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays in the UK;
means you, our customer, being a student, teacher or academic professional at an Educational Establishment;
- Application of Terms
- These terms and conditions are the only terms upon which we are prepared to deal with you and they shall govern the Contract to the entire exclusion of all other terms and conditions. No terms or conditions put forward by you will form part of the Contract.
- Each Order for Goods by you from us shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the Goods subject to these conditions and no Order shall be accepted by Us until after we despatch the Goods.
- The Service That We Will Provide To You
- We shall use all reasonable endeavours to arrange for the Goods to be delivered to the address specified by you within the UK within 10 Working Days of the date of the Order Confirmation or receipt by Us of payment in full of the Price, whichever is the latter.
- Delivery to the delivery address will be made by courier during Standard Delivery Hours on a date that will be notified by Us to You. We cannot specify the precise time of delivery. Time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
- Delivery will take place when the Goods are delivered to the delivery address. Risk and Title in the Goods shall pass from us to you upon delivery and, accordingly, you should consider insuring them from that time.
- If the estimated delivery date specified by Us is likely to be missed, for any reason, We shall advise you and agree a revised delivery date. If the revised delivery date is likely to be delayed by more that 14 days, you may cancel the Order (or part thereof) for a full refund if the revised delivery date is not acceptable to you.
- Payment Process
- We will normally take payment of the Price by credit card or debit card. We accept most major credit/debit cards commonly in use in the UK. We normally only process your payment when the Goods are in stock and the Order has started its fulfilment process (this can be 2 days prior to despatch). We will however, obtain authorisation on your card immediately you place an Order (this affects your credit limit only), holding this deferred payment authorisation for 6 days or until payment is due in full for any of the Goods in the Order. For items that are marked Pre Order we have to process your payment immediately in order to prioritise your order when stock arrives from our suppliers.
- You have a responsibility to ensure that:
- all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Goods are correct; and
- the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Goods you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before accepting your Order;
- Please note that VAT and a delivery charge is payable on all orders which shall be as set out in the Order Confirmation.
- Title in the Goods will not pass to you until payment of the Price is received by Us and the Goods have been delivered to you.
- Vouchers and discount codes are accepted by us at our discretion. We reserve the right to cancel them at any time until goods are despatched
from our warehouse. For the avoidance of doubt, successful submission of a
voucher or discount code into our website does not constitute that it is valid
or that we have accepted it as payment or part payment. If we have to cancel or
reject any voucher code and you do not wish to proceed with your order, we will
cancel your order and refund in full any payment that you have made for such
- Refunds for goods that have been purchased using
vouchers or discount codes that are returned by you and
accepted by us under our normal returns procedures will be
based on the actual amount Getech received from your card
payment and not what may be shown on the invoice.
- Product Specifications
- We make every effort to supply the Goods as advertised but reserve the right to supply the Goods subject to minor variations in actual dimension and specification where these are changed by the relevant manufacturer or are out of our control.
- Due to the current manufacturing methods of active matrix display panels, a small percentage of sub-pixel anomalies (i.e. a pixel stuck on or off) are accepted by the IT industry as unavoidable. We have to adhere to the manufacturers guidelines stipulating that a given number of pixel failures are deemed acceptable before the TFT screen of a product is accepted for replacement on grounds of fault. Goods with pixel anomalies within manufacturer guidelines will not be accepted as faulty.
- Clearance Stock
- Sometimes we offer a number of products classified as clearance stock. These are either Grade-A or Grade-B items and are offered by us at a discount to their original costs.
Grade-A items are either old or end of life products or unused returns.
Grade-B items may have been previously used and may have marked or missing packaging. Some items may have been repaired or may have minor items missing from the original box. The website will normally describe the condition of each item but should be used as a guide only.
Grade-A items are sold with normal manufacturer's warranty.
Grade-B items are sold on an 'as is' basis with no warranty or guarantee given by us. Remaining manufacturer's warranty for these items may still apply.
Unless otherwise stated all items sold will be new.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to resolve problems with Goods that you discover to be not in accordance with your Order or "Dead on Arrival" or "DOA" when delivered to you or during the period of 7 days from the date of delivery (The "DOA period"). We operate a returns process to handle DOA products during the DOA period (see clause 6 below for more details). A Product will be deemed to be "Dead On Arrival" or "DOA" if, during the DOA period, it is found to be: faulty or damaged (such fault or damage being due to circumstances arising prior to or at delivery and not due to any fault on your part).
- The warranty set out above is the only warranty given by us in respect of the Goods and all other warranties conditions and other terms relating to the Goods are excluded to the extent permitted by law. For any faults arising outside the scope of the above warranty, or outside the DOA period, you will have the protection of the manufacturer's warranty.
- Most Goods are supplied with the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty. The warranty period will typically start from the date of delivery. The specific terms of the manufacturer's warranty are set out in a warranty information card or booklet supplied with the Product. Please retain this carefully as you will need to refer to the warranty information should you need to make a claim.
- Some manufacturers will require that you register the warranty with them within a few days after delivery of the Goods. Please check the warranty information carefully to see whether this applies. For laptops that have 3 year warranty under the NDNA agreement, StudentStore will register the additional 2 year warranty onto a standard 1 year warranty on your behalf. As agreed with the manufacturers, this will normally take place within 6 months of purchase.
- If a fault develops with the Goods during the warranty period provided by the manufacturer's warranty you can either contact the Getech Helpdesk on 01473 243488 or contact the manufacturer on the warranty number provided.
- Please be aware that the manufacturer will probably impose certain restrictions and obligations in relation to their warranty. For instance the warranty may be made invalid if you attempt to repair the Goods yourself or use a non-authorised repairer. Similarly, most manufacturer warranties will not cover accidental damage or theft and you may want to consider purchasing separate insurance cover.
- Returns during DOA Period
- We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality Goods . However, on rare occasions, Goods may be found to be DOA. In such cases, We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with a replacement within 7 days of receipt by Us of the returned item. If you wish to return DOA Goods, you must follow the process below:
- Contact Getech's Customer Service Team on 01473 240470 and tell them that you purchased the product via StudentStore.co.uk;
- Getech's Customer Service Team will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the Goods. Depending on the nature of the Goods, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return it/them directly to us. If the item is found on inspection to be defective, the cost of returning it will be refunded to you;
- products returned under this process must be accompanied by Getech's returns of material authorisation number, which can be obtained by contacting Getech's Customer Service team on 01473 240470. Returned Products will not be accepted without a returns of materials authorisation, ("RMA") number. Please write the RMA number on the return package and send back to us to the address as advised by the Customer Service Team;
- proof of postage is not proof of delivery. If you are returning the item yourself; you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the Goods for their full value.
- on receipt of the returned Goods, we will test to identify the fault you have notified to us.
- if following the testing process, the Goods are found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the Goods to you, and the carriage cost of this return will be your responsibility.
- this Clause does not apply to consumers returning Goods upon exercise of their right to terminate the Contract pursuant to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- no software on which seals have been broken can be returned for credit. If any software discs are faulty the manufacturer will replace them. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please note Software Licenses are non-returnable unless the software is materially non-compliant with its specification or the physical media on which it is supplied is defective.
- Getech's Liability
- We cannot take responsibility for your data stored on any Goods and you will need to protect yourself against loss of any data. If you return any Goods or submit them for repair all data may be wiped clean and no copies will be retained. It is your responsibility to keep adequate back-ups of all data.
- Unless stated otherwise our liability in contract, tort, breach or statutory duty or otherwise, including any liability for negligence, howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the Order shall be limited to the Price, in respect of any default by us. We shall not be liable for any type of special, indirect or consequential loss.
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
- Force Majeure
- We reserve the right to defer the date of delivery, to cancel the Order (in whole or in part) or to reallocate any available supply of Goods at our discretion between our customers as we think fit if we are prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of our business due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but without limitation to, acts of God, governmental action, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protest, riots, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes, weather conditions preventing or delaying, shipping or transportation or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of the Goods. We shall have no liability to you for any such delay or cancellation of the Order and, where appropriate, notwithstanding clause 2 above the time of performance of the Contract shall be extended by a reasonable period.
- The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- As well as your right, as set out above, to return faulty products, you can return Goods (other than software, training media and Non Standard Goods) to us for a full refund if you change your mind and no longer want the Goods in question when your purchase of Goods from us is not made in the course of a business and is made over the telephone, through our website or by mail order.
- For all returns under the distance selling act, you may cancel the Contract by sending a written notice of cancellation by post,
email or hand delivery to Getech's Customer Services Team at
Solutions Centre, 53-57 Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, IP1 4JQ.
YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF THE CONTRACT MUST BE DELIVERED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS CLAUSE, WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS OF THE DAY AFTER DATE OF DELIVERY OF THE GOODS.
- You will be responsible for returning the Goods to us, at your cost, if you exercise this right of cancellation. Alternatively you may make the goods available for collection by us from the address to which they were delivered after the cost of collection has been paid by you.
- The Goods will only be accepted for return if they are complete and in a resalable condition. Please ensure that any items are returned in their original undamaged and unmarked packaging (if packaging needs to be replaced and if we are able to do so, a repackaging charge of £20
plus VAT will be applied for each package that is not in a pristine saleable condition).
- If we are satisfied that the unit is returnable under the distance selling act then the maximum amount we will refund will be the original cost of the goods
and standard delivery charge (including Vat). If you
have paid for a premium delivery upgrade this will not be
- PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE POWERING ON THE
COMPUTER FOR THE FIRST TIME: The Distance Selling
Regulations are designed to allow you to examine the goods
as you would in a shop. Once a computer is switched on it
will enter a software registration process that registers
the operating system software to you. As a condition of
returning a laptop to us under the Distance Selling
Regulations the Operating System must be reset to its
original factory state before it can be accepted back. If
you are unable to reset it yourself, or it is not in its
original factory state when we receive it, we are able to
carry this out for you as an additional service which is
charged at £39 including VAT. No refund under the Distance
Selling Regulations will be made until a laptop is returned
to its original factory state. As part of the reset process
we will require any current or original passwords that are
set, if you are unable to provide these it will not be
possible to reset the laptop or accept it back. Should this
situation arise we would return the laptop back to you at
- Errors and Omissions
- We make every effort to ensure that all prices and information quoted in our catalogue and on our website are correct and accurate. However, it is inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a pricing error, until title of the Goods has passed to you, We will be entitled to cancel the Order, notwithstanding that payment has been received from you. In the event of such a cancellation you will either be refunded any money you have paid to us or, alternatively, you can choose to purchase the Goods in question by paying the difference between the previously quoted incorrect price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by us via email or post.
- The images used on this site are for illustration
purposes only and do not necessarily represent the exact
products and services depicted. All manufacturers reserve
the right to modify and improve products without notice.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
- If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness, be deemed severable and the remaining provisions under these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- Failure or delay by us in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the Contract will not be construed as a waiver by us of any rights under the Contract.
- Any variation of these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by a Director of Getech.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The parties to this Contract do not intend that any section of these Terms and Conditions will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- Our current delivery charges are stated on our delivery page
- All notebook deliveries are made via our courier UK Mail.
Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances an order is not delivered on
the specified day. If you do not receive your notebook on the delivery
date specified please let us know asap.
For deliveries up to 20 kilos.
|Orders placed before 4pm
||Will be delivered on
|Saturday, Sunday or Monday
Important It is your responsibility to provide a trusted and secure delivery address where the goods can be delivered to and signed for as goods will not be left without a signature. For your peace of mind we have used the same trusted courier company for many years and we work closely with them to ensure deliveries occur as expected. You will have to be at the delivery address between 08.00 & 18.00 on the delivery day stated above (unless you have selected an AM Delivery). If this is not possible you must contact us on (01473) 240470 immediately so we can make other arrangements for you. If you are out when the courier attempts to delivery they will leave a card and you will need to call them to make further arrangements. If you do not contact them or if the retry delivery is unsuccessful then the goods will be returned to us at your cost with a charge of £15.36 + vat and any subsequent delivery request will incur a further delivery charge in addition to the original delivery charge.
In the event of Bank Holidays, please contact us regarding changes to the schedule.
If we are unable to fulfil your delivery we will contact you to make you aware.